Our hall is available for hire.
Trying to find a great venue for a function in the Ascot Vale / Moonee Ponds / Maribyrong area? Our Scout hall is suitable for functions, meetings and workshops for upto 100 people. Just a stone's throw from the Maribyrong river, in parkland, it is conveniently located near the 57 and 82 Tram with plenty of onsite parking available.
For more information or to make a booking please send us a message via the inquiry form below and we will get back to you.
Please note that the hall is unavailable for hire on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evenings during school terms as it is used by our youth members for Scouting events.
There is an inquiry form below.
To assist you with your inquiry, below is some basic information about the facility.
- It will hold up to about 100 people, the hall inside measures 9 x 14.7 metres.
- There are approximately 90 chairs, 14 plastic trestle tables that seat 8 people each, plus 1 each end.
- We have a projection screen but no projector.
- There is no PA or sound system.
- Large domestic kitchen, with a 8 litre urn for boiling water to make tea & coffee, etc.
- Domestic stove and 2 ovens (electric), 2 Microwave Ovens.
- Refrigerator with freezer.
- Limited supply of cutlery, crockery etc., so it is best to arrange your own, most people bring their own disposables.
- There are no Tea Towels, cleaning cloths etc. Please bring your own.
- Male and female toilets are located inside the hall and there is a shower cubicle in each.
- Rubbish bags are provided for your use but we ask that you take your rubbish away with you as there is no provision for rubbish collection at the facility.
- As the hall is in a residential area, there are noise restrictions which must comply with EPA requirements. All music and amplified sound must stop at 11:00 PM.
- The hall has a split-system reverse cycle Airconditioner.
- Close proximity to Fairbairn Park offers use of the park land including Council Play ground.
- We are situated along the Maribyrnong River edge with lovely grassed area right at our door. The grassed area is not bookable as it is Council land. There may be other users of the area too.
Availability and Fees
- Weekend availability is from noon.
- Cost is $250 per day on weekends, for the hire and a $400 bond which is refunded if the hall is left in a clean state and there is no damage etc.
- Payment is made at the time the hall hire agreement is signed. We do not have any provision for credit card payment.
- The hall can be hired at an hourly rate of $25/hr week days, if you only need it for a short period.
- If you decide to hire the hall, you will need to sign a hall hire agreement which outlines the terms and conditions. This is generally done in the week prior to the hire date and you will need to touch base with me to make these arrangements.
- The address is 22 Woods Street, Ascot Vale, Melways Map 28 C8 or google "15th Essendon Sea Scouts".
- Please clean the Hall and do the -right thing- that is to leave it cleaner than you found it.
- We are cheap because we don't have a cleaner that comes in after you.
- There are brooms, mops and mop buckets. You should have no problems cleaning up your spills.
If you would like to see inside the hall to check if it is suitable for your needs or if you are interested in pursuing this further please let me know. You can email me, I generally check emails on a daily basis.
Hall hire contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located here.
Please send your inquiry via this form:
You must include your mobile number as that is the easiest way to contact you.
FormMail integration by Robert Arends, 0412412345
District: Moonee Valley
- Committee, positions & contacts
- Commonly Used Forms
- eMailing Lists
- Fee Structure
- Hall Hire
- Honour Roll
- Leaders & Adult Helpers Wanted
- Scout Uniform Supplier
- Peak Awards in Scouting
- World Scout Emblem and Australian Scout Logo
- Monster Scout Raffle
- Monster Scout Raffle Roster
- General Enquiries